Nick II 13265 x Tica I 20784 son
PH I 395 CL
Diensthond Politie Twente
Please note: our courses are only available to police officers, military personnel and select individuals.
- How to select a puppy with the correct inherent traits;
- Imprinting a puppy for detection, article indication and mantrailing;
- Bitework development;
- Environmental socialisation;
- The correct use of a ball, to produce focused searching, retrieving and possession;
- Tactical off lead obedience;
- Tactical off lead apprehension;
- First person view (FPV) robotics, for the next generation in hunting and apprehending a suspect;
- The correct use of a canine for dynamic entries and building clearances.
We teach our Dutch Shepherds to indicate whilst standing, because its
unnatural for them to stand and stare. Lazy dogs may sit and drop and
give false indications, but they will not stand and stare, whilst
remaining still. We use food as a reward from six to sixteen weeks of
age to mark the desired indication; when they try different positions to
receive the reward.
Here are two videos explaining why it is more important to imprint a sound indication, rather than searching for the target odor.
This is an example of how we imprint a puppy to indicate for detection. We previously used a clicker to mark the desired indication. We now use a universal verbal marker, which releases them to receive the ball as a reward.
Here is an example of an exceptional indication.
We also imprint our pups to indicate on articles (ammunition,
firearms, cash) This form of detection may not be necessary when they
are deployed, but it further
develops their ability to use their nose, when searching.
Here is a video of a young male, which has inherited the desirable traits to become a good mantrailing police K9.
Mantrailing is an essential component,
in the apprehension of a suspect.
This is an example of how a realistic training season should look like. Notice how calm he is and how logical the training is. Luc 34752 was 8 to 10 months old in the video, he is now deployed as a special operations police K9, with the German SEK.